By Chris Dawson, Ben Straub
On your subsequent venture on GitHub, benefit from the service’s strong API to fulfill your particular improvement necessities. This functional advisor indicates you ways to construct your individual software program instruments for customizing the GitHub workflow. each one hands-on bankruptcy is a compelling tale that walks you thru the tradeoffs and concerns for development purposes on best of assorted GitHub technologies.
If you’re an skilled programmer accustomed to GitHub, you’ll the best way to construct instruments with the GitHub API and similar open resource applied sciences corresponding to Jekyll (site builder), Hubot (NodeJS chat robot), and Gollum (wiki).
- Build an easy Ruby server with Gist API command-line instruments and Ruby’s "Octokit" API client
- Use the Gollum command-line device to construct a picture administration application
- Build a GUI instrument to look GitHub with PythonDocument interactions among third-party instruments and your code
- Use Jekyll to create a fully-featured weblog from fabric on your GitHub repository
- Create an Android cellular program that reads and writes info right into a Jekyll repository
- Use Hubot to automate pull request reviews
Read Online or Download Building Tools with GitHub: Customize Your Workflow PDF
Similar software development books
The readership won't simply encompass programmers. it's going to additionally entice procedure designers, to shoppers wishing to specify their specifications, to evaluators of platforms, and to teachers and software program engineering scholars. briefly, somebody who desires to learn a VDM specification with realizing. 2nd/3rd 12 months machine technology classes, fairly software program engineering.
This ebook is a hugely useful educational advisor to the Z specification language and its function in software program improvement. The publication illustrates how commonly used tactics and judgements will be made distinct utilizing arithmetic. starting with a case research, this e-book is designed to be as self-contained as attainable, taking the reader during the easy techniques in good judgment and set thought formulating designated principles approximately software program platforms, and combines a proper procedure with sensible examples of its use in software program improvement.
Construct leap forward functionality into Any SOA or complex Computing ApplicationTo meet exceptional call for, IT agencies needs to enhance program functionality through an order of significance. enhancing functionality is much more an important in SOA environments, which call for way more computing energy than older architectures.
This succinct booklet explains how one can follow the practices of Lean software program improvement to dramatically bring up productiveness and caliber. in keeping with ideas that revolutionized jap production, Lean rules are being utilized effectively to product layout, engineering, the availability chain, and now software program improvement.
- Successful Evolution of Software Systems
- Computer Organization and Design Fundamentals
- Topology via logic
Additional resources for Building Tools with GitHub: Customize Your Workflow
Second, to enable the selection of a set of consistent checkpoints during recovery, the dependency of the checkpoints has to be determined and recorded together with each checkpoint. This would incur additional overhead and increase the complexity of the implementation . As a result, the uncoordinated checkpointing is not as simple as and not as efﬁcient as one would have expected . 2 Tamir and Sequin Global Checkpointing Protocol In this coordinated checkpointing protocol due to Tamir and Sequin , one of the processes is designated as the coordinator and the remaining processes are participants.
5. L. Lamport, R. Shostak, and M. Pease. The byzantine generals problem. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, 4:382–401, 1982. 6. P. M. Melliar-Smith and B. Randell. Software reliability: The role of programmed exception handling. In Proceedings of an ACM conference on Language design for reliable software, pages 95–100, New York, NY, USA, 1977. ACM. 7. B. Randell and J. Xu. The evolution of the recovery block concept. In Software Fault Tolerance, pages 1–22. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 1994.
The channel state for P2 is empty because it did not receive any message prior to the receipt of the Marker message from each of its incoming channels. Note that the regular message received (such as m0 or m1 ) is executed immediately, which is drastically different from the Tamir and Sequin global checkpointing protocol. 4 Discussion The two global checkpointing protocols introduced in this section share a number of similarities. Both rely on virtually the same system model, and use a special control message to propagate and coordinate the global checkpointing.