By Robert L. LaFemina
Captures the country of the technological know-how with twenty experiences that learn the newest in today’s antiviral drug discovery efforts.
- Presents the basic ideas of antiviral brokers and forecasts destiny possibilities.
- Investigates novel enzyme and protein inhibitors.
- Analyzes scientific elements of viral an infection with reference to remedy and toxicity.
- Examines identified and power pursuits in any respect levels of viral improvement.
- Serves as a source for virologists, biochemists, pharmaceutical chemists, and different investigators.
- Covers a vast variety of viruses, together with HIV-1, HSV, and HCV.
Read Online or Download Antiviral research : strategies in antiviral drug discovery PDF
Similar viral books
A finished number of cutting-edge options for producing transgenic vegetation which are proof against plant viruses through the cloning and expression of the coat protein gene. Its unfailingly reproducible tools, perfected through hands-on masters, disguise the total technique from virus isolation, RNA extraction, and cloning coat protein genes, to the advent of the coat protein gene into the plant genome and the trying out of transgenic crops for resistance.
William Trager has been an avid pupil of parasites for over 50 years on the Rockefeller collage. round the flip of this century, parasitology loved a undeniable fashion, encouraged through colonial duties of the technically advert vanced international locations, and by way of the interesting etiological and healing discoveries of Ross, Manson, Ehrlich, and others.
Microbiology for Surgical Infections: prognosis, diagnosis and therapy explores present tendencies in etiology and antibiotic resistance of pathogens liable for devastating and complicated surgical infections. Clinicians and researchers file the latest advances in diagnostic methods to bacterial and non-bacterial surgical infections, together with invasive fungal infections.
Practice the latest techniques to guage microbial susceptibility. Antibiotics in Laboratory Medicine has been the defining reference resource on comparing the effectiveness of antibiotic compounds in treating infectious illnesses for over 35 years. This completely up-to-date sixth version, edited by way of Daniel Amsterdam and that includes contributions from an elite staff of top overseas specialists, equips you with all the newest methods for reading the mechanisms of activity/resistance of quite a few pathogens, assessing their susceptibility to potential remedies, and detecting drug resistance and multi-drug resistance.
- Adhesion Molecules: Function and Inhibition
- Fundamentals Of Microbiology: Body Systems Edition
- African Horse Sickness
- Candida - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Emerging Neurological Infections (Neurological Disease and Therapy)
Extra info for Antiviral research : strategies in antiviral drug discovery
155. Wang, T. S. F. 1996. Cellular DNA polymerases, p. 461–493. In M. L. ), DNA Replication in Eukaryotic Cells. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY. 156. , A. A. Kuo, G. R. Painter, L. L. Wright, P. A. Furman, and D. M. Coen. 1993. Conformational changes induced in herpes simplex virus DNA polymerase upon DNA binding. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90:1028–1032. ) 157. Whitley, R. , J. W. , D. Hinthorn, C. Liu, R. B. Pollard, F. Hayden, G. J. Mertz, M. Oxman, and S. J. Soong.
Thompson, E. W. Holmes, and G. S. Read. 1992. Point mutations in the DNA polymerase gene of human cytomegalovirus that result in resistance to antiviral agents. J. Virol. 66:7146–7152. 103. Mar, E. , J. F. Chiou, Y. C. Cheng, and E. S. Huang. 1985. Human cytomegalovirus-induced DNA polymerase and its interaction with the triphosphates of 1-(29-deoxy-29-fluoro-beta-darabinofuranosyl)-5-methyluracil, -5-iodocytosine, and -5-methylcytosine. J. Virol. 56:846–851. 104. , M. Freitag, P. Suchy, D. Romaker, R.
Difference in incidence of spontaneous mutations between herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 44:1524–1529. 135. Sarisky, R. , M. R. Quail, P. E. Clark, T. T. Nguyen, W. S. Halsey, R. J. Wittrock, J. O. Bartus, M. M. Van Horn, G. M. Sathe, S. Van Horn, M. D. Kelly, T. H. Bacon, and J. J. Leary. 2001. Characterization of herpes simplex viruses selected in culture for resistance to penciclovir or acyclovir. J. Virol. 75:1761–1769. 136. Sasadeusz, J. , and S. L. Sacks.